Tuesday 12 August 2008

Photo cards

I am in the process of producing a range of greeting cards with my photographs in them. This idea has been in my head for a while, just did not have much time to materialise. Finally, I think it's time now. The images I am displaying here today and just an idea of what could become a greeting card. These are relatively abstract, later on I will post images for other "themes".



To be honest, thinking back now when I was very young I thought if I am ever a photographer, I'd like to produce images for greeting cards. Well, not much of an ambition maybe, but at that point I did not have much of a clue of what else there is.



Plus a part of me believes that my tastes and preferences have been shaped by the place I grew up in - that is, Saint Petersburg, a beautiful Russian city with a European exterior (in the centre at least!) and with a Russian soul. A city that is as young as America (yes, just over 300 years old!) and yet looking older as all architectural styles came to Russia from Europe with a bit of a delay... hence people refer to them as "Russian Baroque", "Russian Classicism", etc. You get the idea. And even after years of living in another country I am still very much a Doctor Jivago kinda girl :)

5 comments:

Z said...

You have always been ambitious and were very persistent in achieving your goals, so I'm sure this will be another success!

I really love the images you selected: they leave room for imagination. The third one is true "Russian Baroque"! :)

Best of luck to you, Mashka!

Andy said...

Go for it...you have a gift and I'm sure people will appreciate that and purchase the cards.

Mashka Cordwell said...

Thank you Z & A. for your support. Will keep you posted! m

RB said...

Recently I was trying to find a birthday card for a friend ... sooo many to chose from and yet I struggled to find something suitable - an evocative image that I could put a simple message to. I'm sure that if one of your images were on display it would have jumped out and been 'the one'.

You have a pure raw talent and I can see you succeeding in photography through many avenues.

Good luck!

Mashka Cordwell said...

Thank you Roberta,
I myself like the "blank inside" cards, perhaps a tiny bit abstract and that's what makes your thoughts go one step further. This is what I am aiming for with my images and cards. If this is what you are after, I am at your disposal!